- Hiking paradise South Limburg
- More than 280 hiking trails
- Hiking and luxury accommodations
Hiking in South Limburg
Hiking in South Limburg is the best way to discover the beautiful hilly landscape and to really take it all in. The rolling landscape is unique in the Netherlands. This region is labeled as a hiker's paradise by enthusiasts for a reason. Do you enjoy challenging hikes through nature? Or would you prefer to hike past castles or through picturesque villages where sun-drenched outdoor cafes will seduce you? The more than 280 online walking routes from the South Limburg Tourist Office offer an overwhelming selection of beautiful hiking with varying distances that are suitable for both young and old.
The fact that South Limburg cannot be discovered on foot in one day is logical. Enjoy a weekend getaway or a long holiday and rent a holiday home for a very comfortable stay. Resort Mooi Bemelen has the perfect location for a hiking holiday in South Limburg. At our holiday park in Bemelen, between Maastricht and Valkenburg, you can rent modern holiday homes for 4 people or 6 people, as well as a group accommodation for 12 people. The holiday homes are fully furnished and have everything you need, such as comfortable beds, a complete kitchen, and a luxurious bathroom. As a guest at the resort, you can also make use of the park facilities, which include the indoor and outdoor pool, spa center, indoor gym, and restaurants. We guarantee you will have a completely carefree and relaxing stay.
At the moment, we are working hard to make Mooi Bemelen a beautiful resort. Work is currently taking place to accomplish this. That said, we try to keep this to a minimum. Unfortunately, you may experience some nuisance and some facilities are not open yet.
Hiking and staying in South Limburg
If you want to enjoy a hiking holiday and you want to stay in South Limburg, then Resort Mooi Bemelen is the perfect place to go. Our holiday park is an ideal starting point for hiking trips through the region. Due to the location of the park, in the heart of South Limburg, you can really go in any direction you feel like. Not only will nature lovers get their money's worth, culture lovers, gourmets, and adventurers will certainly find hiking trails that suit them. You will find a huge selection of routes with different themes on the website of the tourist office, including nature hikes, culinary hikes, city hikes, and cross-country hikes through parts of Belgium or Germany.
Take a look at the well-known hiking trails in South Limburg here. Some of the most popular hiking routes are:
- Castle route in the Geul valley: This more than 7 kilometers long route, that goes through and around Valkenburg, has a beautiful setting. Impressive castles, picturesque cityscapes, and views of the beautiful nature.
- Nature hike along the Brunssummerheide nature reserve: From the Visitor Center, follow the 5-kilometer route through dense pine forests, over vast heathland, and past beautiful ponds.
- City walk through Vaals: If you are staying in South Limburg, you should not miss out on a visit to Vaals. The stately homes, Bloemendal Castle, and the many cafés in this picturesque border town make it very worthwhile. Expand the route with a visit to the Tripoint border.
Our guests rate this accommodation with an average of 8.2.